1969 Porsche 912 Sunroof Coupe-5-speed, Sepia Brown over Tan, great driver
1969 Porsche 912 5-speed Sunroof Coupe
This 1-year only Long Wheel Base (LWB) 912 is a really nice, honest, driver quality 912. Here are the basics:
- Long term 20+ year West Coast ownership
- Sepia Brown(6836) Exterior with one repaint ~20 years ago.
- Brown Interior that I believe to be all-original right down to the radio and is in remarkable condition. The dash is cracked and is the worst feature on the interior.
- Power Sunroof
- Clean Oregon Title
- Non-numbers matching, I believe the motor to be out of a 1966 912. The owner told me it was completely rebuilt ~20k miles ago, but he had no documentation to support this as he recently went thru an estate situation. So take it for what it is.
- Runs, drives, shifts, stops and steers very well
- Almost everything works, right down to the windshield washers. The only few items I could find are: clock, radio works but half the time the volume doesn’t adjust and defaults to LOUD.
- Pretty rust free. Pans, rockers, suspension pickup points, etc all are very solid. Some slight bubbling on the base of the passenger fender which has not broken the paint, maybe the size of a quarter.
- Gaps are good, doors shut with the correct PING.
- Lenses, trim, deco, Sekurit windshield, etc are quite nice.
- Odometer reads 2177 and does work, but actual miles are unknown.
Flaws/Issues worth noting:
- No documentation of any kind, sadly the owner indicated when a family member died and the house was cleaned out much was thrown out. It was reported that a well-respected Porsche shop in Portland, OR had done all the work. I would tend to believe it based on how it runs/drives but that’s just hearsay.
- Hood has an area 3-4” in size where the primer is showing thru, not sure why. Overall the paint is quite nice, not show quality but nice.
- Motor not numbers matching, numbers indicate 1966 912 motor.
- Chrome wheels are pitting badly and the tires need to be replaced. I didn’t replace the tires as I wasn’t sure what someone would want to do for wheels. The tires are safe and have plenty of tread but are not the right size (hence why it looks so high in the front!)
Overall if you are looking for a 912 that you can just jump in, drive and enjoy this is a good candidate. If you want a perfect car, this isn’t it but a few small things would take it from a driver to a pretty nice car (dash, wheels/tires, ride height adjust, etc).