1980 Porsche 911SC Coupe
1980 Porsche 911SC Coupe- 12k original miles!
As car enthusiasts we spend many of the slower moments in our lives daydreaming about the next “find”, the “holy grail”, the perfect iteration of whatever genre of car grabs our fancy… For those of us who daydream about air-cooled 911’s, our fantasy looks a little bit like this:
- Crazy low original miles
- Rare and stunning Paint to Sample Exterior
- Sport Seats
- Dry, West Coast car
- Show quality condition, inside, outside and underneath
Wait a minute! That sound just like the car here:
- 12k original miles!
- Paint to Sample Indiana Red Metallic! One of the most stunning shades I have ever seen on an SC.
- Not only sport seats, but the final year Porsche made the more deeply sculpted “tombstone” style sport seats (1974-1980) which are pristine and VERY hard to find like this!
- Sold new in California and has NEVER been exposed to any kind of weather, look underneath this car, simply UNREAL!
- The photos speak for themselves…
I usually write a short story on every car I sell, this car is sold on the photos alone. There isn’t much to say that isn’t said in the images below. A few quick points:
- In late 1979 the Federal Government mandated all new cars sold must have an 85 mph speedo. Silly right? Well fast-forward to 2017 and most Porsche’s of this era have a 160 mph speedometer which means one might question the validity of the stated miles. This is the rare example where the speedo was swapped out at the time of sale and that is documented in both the stamped service book and in the door tag (see photos). Total mileage is 12,368.
- Oftentimes these “garage queen” cars that haven’t been driven suffer from issues related to extended periods of non-use. This car has received ~ $17k worth of recent service to make sure it’s 100% ready to go. This included engine reseal, AC Convert to R134A, Updated Carrera tensioners, air box pop off valve, new SSI heat exchangers, new muffler, full brake system rebuild, all the usual major service type items ,etc. It’s the strongest driving SC I have ever driven (and I have driven a LOT of them!)
- The exterior, interior, chassis, mechanical on this car are truly amazing. If you want one of the nicest SC’s available anywhere, this car is worthy of your consideration.
Cars like this don’t turn up everyday; if your daydream looks like the one above, move quickly!