1984 3.2 Carrera Cabriolet Slate Blue on Navy, LSD and Sport Seats, just 67k miles!-$47,995
1984 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Cabriolet- LSD and Sport Seats, 67k original miles!
It’s amazing how something like color can be such a game changer; ultimately I think it boils down to the fact that color creates an instant emotional response. Why do I mention that? Simply because this 3.2 Carrera grabs me in some way I can’t quite put my finger on, somehow how it just captivates me. I’m firmly convinced it’s the very rare shade of “Scheiferblaumetallic” or Slate Blue over Navy with the coordinating blue top. It’s elegant, timeless and just fits the lines of the car.
Why does this car grab me? A few key points:
- Scheiferblaumetallic over Navy- this is just a drop dead, gorgeous and period correct color that is highly unusual. Its rich tones just complement the lines on this car. While I own some more common color Porsche’s, I always long for the striking and unique. That is this car!
- The Drive- some air-cooled 911’s simply drive better than others, it’s hard to identify just why except to say it’s absolutely true. This car drives how a GOOD one should, magical!
- The “Right” Quality- This is one of those cars that hits the important high points: mechanically solid, well loved, original, well documented but with just enough patina to be honest and ready to use right out of the box. Sometimes I get these cars so perfect they become garage art. This one is nice enough to take to your local PCA event, but not so perfect that the thought of a 700 mile weekend drive kicks off a panic attack.
This car was sold new at Stoddard Porsche and quickly came to the Seattle area where it has been for the past 32 years. The car was ordered as follows:
- Scheiferblaumetallic (Slate Blue)
- Navy Blue Full Leather Sport Seats
- Limited Slip Differential
- 16” Forged Alloy Wheels
- Cruise Control
- Steering Wheel with Raised Hub
The exterior on this car is quite nice showing only minor signs of use and age. In fact this car while not perfect is really just that. How does that make any sense? It’s nice enough that an average person would think it’s perfect, but if you look closely it has the occasional nick or chip here or there and its had paintwork on several panels over the years, but you would have to look closely to find it. I can detect no evidence of damage and the title and Carfax are of course clean. The top appears to be original and is in remarkable condition. The Fuchs have the correct anodized finish and matt black centers. Just a really nice car!
The interior is likewise excellent. I LOVE the navy interior and the sport seats are to die for! Other than a slight amount of honest wear on the drivers bolster it is truly fantastic. Everything on the car works as designed with exception of the AC, it does engage and all the functions work but the air is cool not cold. The car is 100% original with exception of the radio (the car originally was a radio DELETE car, quite cool actually) but it sounded and worked so well I decided not to remove it.
Mechanically this car is turn key. It runs and drives exactly as a good one should, so many of these dont! Please drive several before you buy one, this one could be the reference of what an honest one drives like. No leaks and everything works. I just took it over to John Walker’s Workshop and had the following done:
- 15k mile major service
- Valve adjust and new valve cover gaskets (head studs inspected good)
- Oil and Filter
- New Cap, rotor and plugs
- New Fuel and Air Filters
- All new drive belts
- Change Transmission oil with Kendall
- New rear hood shocks
- new wiper blades
- Adjusted idle and Co2
- Leakdown and compression checked: 170/6%, 175/ 6%, 175/ 8%,170/ 6%, 170/ 6%. 175/ 6%
The other items John noted were: Front brakes 60%, rears 20%, still has the old 1 wire style temp sensor, clutch release arm close together means clutch is getting thin.
To be a top tier collectible the car has to be 100% complete, that IS this car. Here is what the car will come with:
- Oriignal Window Sticker
- Original build sheet
- Service history for the past 20 years, with some history prior
- Original owners manual, VIN matched service booklet, all in the correct OEM Burgundy case
- 2 original keys, 1 newer OEM style key, OEM wheel lock keys
- Tool kit and airpump
- Factory jack, drop cloth and yellow gloves
- Original Tonneau Cover with factory vinyl bag
If you have been looking for a 3.2 Carrera to drive and want something distinct and of lasting quality, here is your car!