1988 Porsche 3.2 G50 Carrera Targa-Gran Prix White over Cashmere/Black leather; a very original, well documented, great driving G50 targa with just 89k miles, brilliant car!
As a child I am sure most of us read “Goldilocks and the 3 Bears”. In this story a very tired Goldilocks finds herself in the vacant home of the 3 bears and tries out each of the beds, pronouncing one too big, one too small and one JUST right….
In the Porsche world, I would label this car “just right”… What do I mean by that? On SO many levels, this car offers the ultimate air-cooled 911 experience, here is why:
- The 3.2 Carrera is a sweet spot of the fully developed, yet VERY simple. Robust, reliable, relevant and pure.
- The G50 transmission is highly regarded and most newer entrants to the air-cooled scene find the shift effort and precision to be an easier transition coming from more modern cars vs. the 915 era cars.
- Targa- I LOVE the aesthetics of the G-body era Targa, especially light colors offset with the Black Targa bar and trim and top off these are amazing!
- Quality- This car is just so honest, loved and GOOD! Nice enough to be proudly displayed at any event, but not so precious that using it as intended would cause consternation!
- Mileage- The car is just about to turn 90k miles, so the perfect spot of having seen enough use to not suffer from years spent idle, yet low enough to still feel “tight” like a good one should!
This Targa just arrived and sailed thru my inspection process, a few notable items:
- Clean Title and Carfax, all original panels as verified by matching VIN tags.
- Matching numbers engine and transmission as verified by the included CofA.
- Mostly original paint: front bumper, cowl and right front fender have had some minor paint work.
- All original except the radio and a period alarm system.
- Current on all service
- A thick service folder covering close to the last 20 years
- Complete with all books, manuals, tool kit, air pump, jack, etc.
I will be doing the following items prior to selling the car:
- Annual service oil and filter
- 4 new Continental Extreme Contact tires
- Service AC system
- New engine sound pad
- Complete detail at Metropolitan Detail
The market for these car is insane right now, If you have an interest, reach out sooner than later and I don’t think it will last. Again it is ‘just right”….