1990 964 Carrera 2 Coupe-Amazing!
1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Coupe
If you are like many Porsche enthusiasts you have been searching high and low for the holy grail of 964s… The Carrera 2 coupe with a manual transmission. For a myriad of reasons Porsche simply didn’t sell many and now 25 years later finding a nice example is darn near impossible… Well here is the one you have been looking for!
This particular car was sold new at Jim Ellis Porsche in Atlanta, GA and has only lived in climate ideal Georgia and North Carolina since. It comes with a complete service history since new, documenting careful maintenance and dutiful ownership.
Here is how the car was ordered:
- Grand Prix White Exterior
- Partial Leather Beige/Black
- Radio w/ CD Player (since updated)- $689
- Limited Slip Differential- $855
- Forged Alloy Wheels (since updated)- $1,544
- Rear Window Wiper- $313
Original MSRP- $63,056
The body and paint on this car have to be seen to be believed; the original paint as verified by a paint meter is simply gorgeous! The Carfax is of course clean. The previous owner made a few aesthetic updates which I think really help the car stand out; such as updating to the European style front bumperette delete and the 17” Cup II style wheels. It’s a stunning car!
The interior is likewise near immaculate and everything works as designed including ice cold AC. One of the best things about the 964 is that it’s the first air-cooled 911 to have really modern and effective AC. Much appreciated during the hot summer months!
Mechanically is where this car really shines vs. most of the 964’s on the market. Here is what has recently been done:
Current Mileage 82,9xx
- 82,880- Pre-purchase inspection by John Walker’s Workshop (feel free to request a copy), new low tone horn, replace right valve cover gasket. No other items of concern noted.
- 82,084- 4 New BFG G-Force Tires
- 80,497- engine removed and entire top end resealed, updated cylinder head gaskets (early 964 didn’t use gaskets), new engine oil supply line from tank, new plugs, oil change, power steering flush, new drive belts.
- 79,223- New clutch, flywheel and pressure plate, new engine compartment sound pad, new engine to thermostat oil line, new hood struts, oil and filter, brake fluid flush, engine air cleaner, adjust valves, replace all 4 CV boots and repack joints, new oil return tubes, transmission fluid flush.
Other recent updates include: Bilstein HD Shocks and H&R Green springs (lowers car 1.5” front and 1.3” rear, original springs included as well), Cat and muffler bypass (both original parts included), all speakers replaced with Infiniti Beta speakers behind original grilles, Alpine head unit with Bluetooth phone and audio, New Sisal floor mats, new front brakes (pads+ rotors).
In addition to the above items I have a complete service history since new, documenting caring and passionate owners. The car comes complete with all the original books and manuals, original window sticker, complete tool kit, air pump, jack and the complete service history.
So if you are one of those people looking for that elusive 964 C2 manual coupe, don’t delay, this is a GREAT one…