1992 Porsche 964 Carrera 2-Amazon Green on Cashmere, 5-speed, limited slip & 17″ Cup1 Wheels, all original, fully documented and just 56k miles!
In the last few years the 964 has become the darling in the air-cooled 911 market, the problem is that when new they sold poorly, especially the Uber desirable 1992-1994 Model Year cars. Then for years they were neglected, back-dated, chopped into race cars and generally suffered many great indignities. So start with low production, add a high disposal rate, throw in a new found desirability and you have a perfect recipe for a classic supply and demand imbalance. These cars simply don’t exist, crazy!
Now we all know the 964 is desirable, the challenge is further exacerbated by the fact that EVERYONE seems to want the same exact configuration. It would look something like this….
- Manual Transmission- Check!
- Carrera 2 for purity vs. the Carrera 4- Check!
- 2nd generation 1992-1994 model year – Check!
- Unique and more unusual color combination- Check!
- Low miles- Check!
- All original- Check!
- Full Service History- Check!
- Optioned with LSD and Cup 1 wheels from the factory- Check!
This particular car hits all the high notes, here are the basics:
This 964 was sold new on November 7th 1992 at Manhattan Porsche in Rockville, MD. The original owner leased the car for 2 years and then it was turned back in to Porsche. It was sold as a used Porsche by Barrier Porsche in Bellevue, WA when it had 14,468 on January 10th 1995. The 2nd owner drove the car just under 5k miles until he sold it to the most recent owner in 2005 when it had just 19,100 miles on it. The most recent owner has babied the car for the past 13 years and 35k miles.
Here is how the car was optioned:
- Amazon Green Metallic Exterior
- Cashmere Supple Leather
- Rear Window Wiper
- Limited Slip Differential (rare!)
- 17″ Cup 1 Wheels (rare!)
- Wheel Caps with Colored Crests
- Radio Reno
I feel blessed to even be able to offer this car, the previous owner did an amazing job of caring for it. I was able to outline with him my plan for making his really nice 964 truly amazing. Thankfully he shared my vision and so here is what was done to make this car remarkable:
The car went to Akers Porsche (http://akersporsche.com) as they had been servicing the car for the past 13 years. They were told to remedy anything not up to par prior to sale. Here is what work was completed:
- 12 new spark plugs
- New air-filter
- All new belts
- New fuel filter
- Adjust valves and install new valve cover gaskets
- Oil and filter change
- New front oil cooler and AC condenser resistors
- New main oil hose, new chain box elbows
- New rear spoiler wall
- Compression noted at 200, 210, 220, 200, 220, 215
Once I knew mechanically it was sound, I set off to do the dozens of small items including:
- Refinish all 4 OEM Cup 1 wheels
- Install 4 New Continental Extreme Contact Tires
- Paintless Ding Repair (PDR) a few shallow door dings in the car.
- Front Bumperplugs
- Full Detail with Paint Correction from Metropolitan Detail (www.metropolitandetail.com) and remove the original, old school 3M clear film (did it’s job!)
- Polish the H5 Headlights lenses
- New rear emblems and front hood badge (OEM)
- New Lloyds floor mats
- Install Pad Keeper
- Polish Gauge lenses inside and out
- Recharge the AC (blows ICE cold)
- Replaced a few missing tools in the tool kit (yes, I am obsessive!)
All told I have spent over $10,000 and COUNTLESS hours sweating the small stuff so this 964 is turnkey for the next owner!
Aesthetically this car is amazing! If you haven’t seen Amazon green in person, you are in for a treat! It changes color depending on the light, most people would call it blue but at night it looks nearly black. In bright sunlight it really turns green and in the shade you would swear it is blue, very cool! I also love the contrast with the Cashmere leather interior, I have seen this color with black or grey interior and it just doesn’t have the right contrast to really make it pop! The car has never been in an accident and I believe it to have all original paint. All of the trim, glass, lenses, etc are fresh and crisp. Check out the rear lenses, they are NEVER that nice on a 964. The Carfax is of course clean.
The interior on this 964 is like new. EVERYTHING works as it should including all the climate control functions, gauges, sunroof, cruise control, power accessories, etc. It smells good and all the surfaces are just so. Driving it the interior has none of the rattles, groans and wind-noise so common on lesser quality 964’s.
Of course on a car of this caliber you would want all the as delivered items, here is what this car comes with:
- All the original VIN matched book and manuals in the correct case
- Service booked stamped from new to current!
- Full service history in a organized 3-ring binder
- Show quality original tool kit
- Tire pump, jack and unused spare tire
- Tire changing gloves and tire plastic bag
- 2 original keys and the original leather key pouch!
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (CofA)
I REALLY like this car… I have always had a soft spot for 964’s and you will find a few of them in my personal collection. The are just the perfect sweet spot of modern updates coupled with the classic upright fender. Finding one is just SO hard in today’s market, so if you want an excellent example, this is the one you should buy!