1993 Porsche RS AMERICA-32,700 original miles! Midnight Blue Metallic on Black
1993 Porsche RS AMERICA-32,700 original miles!
Anybody who knows me knows that I have a particular passion for the RS America. As a teenager I was blessed enough to work at the Porsche dealer when these cars were new. I of course couldn’t afford one, but I lusted after them as I was blessed to be able to do their new car details and got the occasional run to the gas station… Maybe I didn’t pick the closest station….
Fast forward 25 years and now I have owned many of these cars; in fact my personal RS America is an option twin to this car in Guards Red. Amazing cars!
This particular car is # 588/701 RS America’s built. As most buyers know these cars came in very limited color and option configuration. Here is how this car is equipped:
L37W- Midnight Blue Metallic Exterior
XY Interior- Black cloth with Blue Seatbelts and door pull straps
220- Limited Slip Differential
I personally believe this particular option configuration is the most desirable as it’s the most sporting and purest configuration of what Porsche intended this car to be. Why would you add a sunroof, AC and a radio to a pure drivers car???
I simply love Midnight Blue, it along with Polar silver are the rarest of the 5 available colors (Red, White, Black, Polar Silver, Midnight Blue) and this paint has this amazing ability to change color depending on the lighting. At night it appears black, in direct sunlight a rich dark blue and at sunrise a magnificent purple-blue. Stunning!
- Sold New at Porsche of Bellevue November 30th 1993. Traded back to dealer on a new 993 with 5,984 miles.
- Owner 2- Purchased from Porsche of Bellevue April 2nd 1995. Sandpoint, ID
- Owner 3- Purchased from owner 2 May 9th 1999 with 10,412 miles. This owner is a well-known Porsche fanatic who owned the car until he passed away in 2009. Los Altos, CA
- Owner 4- Purchased from estate of Owner 3 on June 16th 2010 with 30,209 miles. Whitefish Bay, WI
- Owner 5- Purchased October 22nd 2013 with 31,991 miles. Paradise Valley, AZ.
- Current mileage is 32,700!
The body and paint on this car has to be seen to be believed, it has almost no flaws. The wheels are freshly refinished and aesthetically it’s close to perfect. Using a paint meter I have determined that this car has been re-painted at some point in its life. This is only detectable using the meter, but should be disclosed nonetheless. There are no signs such as paint mismatch, overspray, tapelines, etc. A few of my local experts have even theorized that is could have been factory QC work, but this cannot be determined. The asking price on the car reflects what I believe to be a market correct deduction for this.
The interior is likewise in amazing original condition. The only modification of any kind to the car was the addition of a radio (it was originally a radio delete) car and they changed the speakers in the front doors (even the radio delete cars came from the factory with speakers.
Mechanically it is 100% stock and original. It has never even had lowering springs placed on it! Everything works as it should and it drives tight as new. I have a complete service history, which I am happy to review with any potential buyer.
As a collectible it is important that all the documentation and accessories be present, here is what I have:
- Owner’s manual, books and leather case including the RS America Specific owner’s manual supplement.
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (Car is numbers matching)
- RS America Technical literature
- RS America brochure, Excellence Magazine featuring the RSA and original advertising.
- Toolkit, jack, gloves and lay down cloth
- RS America specific trunk carpet
- RS America rear and side scripts (not installed)
- Complete service history
If you are looking for a turnkey original RSA that can be immediately driven to your local PCA concours, this is your car! So many of the cars on the market are previous track cars that owners have attempted to take back to original to capture the increase in market prices, don’t be fooled… Buy an example that has been loved and cherished since new!
I personally own a RSA so I know them well; this is a VERY nice example yet priced below many of the lesser quality higher mileage ones currently on the market. What are you waiting for?