1993 Porsche RS America Black on Black, Sunroof Delete, AC, 16k miles and all original
1993 Porsche RS AMERICA-16,870 original miles-Sunroof delete!
Anybody who knows me knows that I have a particular passion for the RS America. As a teenager I was blessed enough to work at the Porsche dealer when these cars were new. I of course couldn’t afford one, but I lusted after them as I was lucky enough to be able to do the new car details and got the occasional run to the gas station… Maybe I didn’t pick the closest station….
Fast forward 25 years and now I have owned many of these cars; in fact my personal RS America won Best in Class at Porsche Parade 2017 and Werks Reunion 2017 in the Full Concours division, so I know what a nice one looks like!
This particular car is # 470/701 RS America’s built. As most buyers know these cars came in very limited color and option configuration. Here is how this car is equipped:
L741- Black Exterior
XZ Interior- Black cloth with Black Seatbelts and door pull straps
220- Limited Slip Differential
331- Porsche CR-1 Radio
573- Air Conditioning
- Sold New at Steve Taub Porsche in Santa Monica, CA on April 7th 1994. The Original owner had the car for the next 21 years and 15,600 miles.
- I sold the car to a good client in NY in 2017 when it had just over 16,000 miles and he has recently asked me to sell it for him
- Current mileage is 16,870!
The body and paint on this car has to be seen to be believed, it has almost no flaws. I had a full paint correction performed by the masters at Metropolitan Detail (www.metropolitandetail.com) as I HATE swirl marks! The entire front end of the car (full hood, bumper, etc) are covered in XPEL clear film to protect the wear surfaces from any rocks, road debris, etc. Wheels are aesthetically close to perfect and the tires have less than 1,000 miles on them. The Carfax is of course clean and the car has never been damaged in any fashion.
The interior is likewise in amazing original condition. The are no modifications or deviations from original. I have the original Porsche CR-1, it is included with the car but currently the factory radio delete plate is installed for a cleaner look.
Mechanically it is 100% stock and original. It has never even had lowering springs placed on it! Everything works as it should and it drives tight as new. It is like going back to 1993!
As a collectible it is important that all the documentation and accessories be present, here is what I have:
- Owner’s manual, books and leather case including the RS America Specific owner’s manual supplement.
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (Car is numbers matching)
- RS America Technical literature
- RS America brochure
- Toolkit, jack, gloves and lay down cloth
- RS America specific trunk carpet
- RS America rear and side scripts-please note the rear badge has NOT been installed but the original COMES with the car. It is the NLA part from Porsche still in its original plastic bag!
- All the original keys
- The original CA license plates issued to the car in 1994.
- Complete history
If you are looking for a turnkey original RSA that can be immediately driven to your local PCA concours, this is your car! So many of the cars on the market are previous track cars that owners have attempted to take back to original to capture the increase in market prices, don’t be fooled… Buy an example that has been loved and cherished since new!
I personally own a RSA so I know them well; this is a VERY nice example in true collectors condition. What are you waiting for?