1996 Porsche 993 C4S- Guards Red on Black Leather, 6-speed, full history from new, just 40k miles and a true top 1% example, unreal!- $104,995
1996 Porsche 993 C4S- just 40k miles!
The recent rise in air-cooled values means that many sellers assume every example is worth world-class money. The problem with that logic is that most of the cars currently on the market are not world-class cars. If you want world-class, read further…
If you were to create a punch list of what a collector 993 would look like, here is what might be on the list:
- Perfect History- This car was sold new at Roger Jobs Porsche in Bellingham, WA and the original owner had the car until 2007 when it had 35,437 miles. It has had 2 local collector owners and has travelled less than 5,000 miles since. It has always been a Washington/Oregon car, so no exposure to intense heat, winter, road salt, etc.. Clean Carfax of course! I have known every single owner of this car!
- Documentation- I have absolutely EVERYTHING: original window sticker, original purchase invoice, every service record since new and all the original books and VIN matched service manuals.
- Exterior Condition- The body and paint on this car would pass for a 10k mile example. Literally nearly flawless. The paint is 100% original (as verified by paint meter) except the front cowl, which was painted when the selling dealer scratched it during a windshield (OEM) install. The front end of the car has a full XPEL Paint protection film installed (full hood, fenders, bumpers and mirrors) so you can enjoy it without fear.
- Interior Condition- The interior is without reproach. It’s the small things that matter here. The softness of the original carpet on the threshold, the suppleness of the leather on the steering wheel and the absence of the typical ticky-tacky type wear. Amazing!
- Mechanical- It is been maintained to the highest standard exclusively with the Porsche dealer or well known PCA member shops. In the last 5,000 miles it has received over $10,000 in service work including new Bilstein PSS10 suspension, full service and all the small little items that most people just ignore. Feel free to reach out and I can walk you thru the entire history.
- Desirability- The 993 has always been desirable being the final iteration of the iconic air-cooled experience. Of the 993’s however the market lusts for the wide-bodied C4S and C2S models, with their larger than life rear fenders. Couple that with the inclusion of the Turbo Big Red Brakes on the C4S model and you have a car that will always be on the top of the list.
- Rarity- Porsche produced a grand total of 1,091 US Specification C4S’ in 1996 and a total of 2,327 in total from 1996-1998.
- Accessories- This car has EVERYTHING it was delivered with: perfect tool kit, air pump, jack w/ correct bag, tire plastic, yellow gloves, both keys, valet key, window sticker, books and manuals, etc..
- Please note the car currently has an OEM Porsche 993 C2S split rear grille installed, which I think looks amazing! The car will also come with its original black C4S grille, I am happy to swap that if a buyer prefers the original grille.
For those who know me understand that I am VERY particular and if I sell a car it truly is an excellent example of the given model. This car even for me is it at the very top of my range, truly world class. If you are looking for a 993 C4S to add to your collection and the word “compromise” is not in your dictionary, this IS your car! Move quick, I have priced it in line with the “others” but its not like the others!