1996 Porsche 993 Cab-16k miles!
1996 Porsche 993 Cabriolet- Time Wrap 16k miles!
If in 1996 you were just finishing your degree or had just started in the big corporate World and lusted after a new 993 but couldn’t quite swing it… Here is your chance to buy an essentially “new” 993 Cabriolet. This car is the rare example where it wasn’t simply stored for years at a time; but a car that was obsessed over. It received an annual service regardless of mileage. My favorite? In one of the service receipts the shop owner hand wrote on the service invoice “Great, Like NEW!”. Incredible!
This car is finished in stunning and rare Turquoise Metallic over Black leather with a matching black top. I have always seen this color paired up with the Marble grey and deviated midnight blue dash combination, which is just awful! I never liked this color until I saw this car, with the black top and interior, which is stunning! I love unique Porsche’s, why have the typical Black/Black or Silver/Black combo?
Here is this cars history:
- Sold new at Barrier Porsche on July 28th 1996.
- 2-owner local car since new.
- Current owner since 2007.
- Clean Carfax, no accidents or damage ever.
Here is how the car was ordered:
- 1996 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet
- Turquoise Metallic- $1,030
- LT Partial Leather Black- N/C
- Black Convertible Top- N/C
- Limited Slip and Active Brake Differential- $1,253
- Heated Seats- $578
- 17” Carrera Cup II Wheels- $1,444
- Rim Caps with Colored Crests- $224
- Dark Rootwood Steering wheel- $1,859
- Dark Rootwood Brake lever- $382
- Dark Rootwood Shifter- $357
- Oval Chrome Exhaust Pipes- $611
Total Original MSRP- $81,453
The body and paint on this car is spectacular! The paint is all original except the hood and front bumper as the 2nd owner was bothered by a few small rock chips, so he had them repaired. The top is original and is like new, he was very careful to never leave the top down and it has ALWAYS been stored inside. As a result it is a crisp dark black with none of the creases or wear on the rear window you usually see.
The inside is likewise spotless and as new, I will let the photos do the talking, but suffice it to say that the most critical eye would be challenged to nit pick even the smallest of detail on this car. The car is 100% original with exception of the stereo; I have the original radio which I will include with the sale in case you want to reinstall it.
Mechanically the car is without reproach. I took the car over to the experts at Squire’s Autowerkes (http://www.squiresautowerke.com) and had them do an annual service and inspection. It was SO much fun to look under a 993 and not see a single leak of ANY type ANYWHERE! The underside of this car is literally as new; I couldn’t find anything to remedy other than just doing an oil service.
Here is the service history, note how original everything is and how methodical the owner was about service regardless about mileage! 14 oil changes in 16,740 miles, an average of 1,195 miles per oil change, that’s fanatical!
- 5/10/2016-16,740 miles- Annual Oil Service
- 3/12/2015- 16,367 miles- New factory stoneguards, annual service, brake fluid flush, transmission fluid flush
- 7/16/2014- 16,100 miles- New battery
- 5/1/2014- 15,980 miles- 4 new N-Spec Michelin Tires (due to age), 4 way alignment
- 10/14/2014- 15,738 miles- Annual Service, brake fluid flush
- 10/4/2012- 15,400 miles- Annual service, brake fluid flush, new front hood shocks
- 10/17/2011- 15,014 miles- Annual service, brake fluid flush
- 9/15/2010- 14,788 miles- Annual service
- 7/29/2009- 14,480 miles- Annual service, brake fluid flush, new cylinder head temp sensor
- 10/01/2008- 14,224 miles- new fuel pump relay
- 8/13/2008- 14,150 miles- Annual service
- 6/01/2007- Annual service, transmission service, brake fluid flush new air filter, cabin air filter, rear hood shocks
- 5/09/2006- 13,404 miles- Annual service
- 6/16/2003- 12,242 miles- Annual Service
- 3/14/2003- 11,689 miles- Annual service, new transmission shaft seal
- 10/01/2001- 8,240 miles- Annual service
- 11/07/1998- 3,757 miles-Annual service
- 7/15/1996- 45 miles- Pre-delivery inspection
Now the interesting part is driving this car. It drives just as they did in 1996. Sadly so many 993’s and Cabriolet’s that I drive just feel “loose”. Some people think that is how they all are; this car disproves that theory! Its tight as a drum with no squeaks or rattles and everything feels just “so”… I don’t know how to better describe that. You will know “it” when you drive this car!
Being a collector car it is imperative that a car of this caliber has every piece of documentation and is complete. The buyer of this car will receive the following:
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity
- Original Ordering Guide
- Original Sales and Color Brochure
- Service history
- All the books and VIN Matched manuals in the correct case
- 2 keys both with the revised style remotes
- The complete tool kit, jack, drop cloth and gloves
- The OEM Porsche tire pump
- OEM Rear wind screen
- Original CDR-210 in dash CD Player
With this car you get all the important items: extremely low mileage, well-optioned, unique color combination, impeccable maintenance record, all the accessories and nearly flawless inside and out. What’s not to like? Come put this in your garage!