1997 Porsche 993 C2S
1997 Porsche 993 C2S
If you are looking for a very unique and very well cared for wide body 993, here is your car…
In 1997 Porsche created what many feel like is the “ultimate” normally aspirated 993. They created the C2S, which takes the beauty of a normally aspirated 993 but couples it with the Twin-Turbo wide bodywork. Previously if you wanted a Wide-body (WB) 993 you had to have all wheel drive (C4S or Turbo). For us purists a Porsche should be rear wheel drive, so… they C2S was born. I guess us purists drive demand because demand is very high for these cars. Porsche sold just 759 of these cars in 1997 and 993 of them in 1998, or 1752 in total here in the US. Making them a rare find!
This particular car was special ordered new at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach, FL and was sold new July 10th 1997. Here is how the car was ordered:
- Ocean Jade Metallic Exterior (L25K)
- Black Leather Interior (SA)
- Sport Seats Left and Right
- X54- Chrome Oval Exhaust Pipes
- X70- Metal Door Sill w/ Insignia
- X71- Aluminum Instrument Dials
- X97 + X98- Aluminum and Leather Shift and brake handle
- Seatbacks Painted in Exterior Color
In addition the following upgrades have been made:
- Genuine OEM Porsche Turbo “S” Aerokit- Consisting of the Turbo S front and rear spoilers.
- OEM Turbo “S” brake cooling ducts and front fog lights
- OEM M030 Springs and Bilsteins- ROW Ride height
- Robin Sun RSR Muffler Mod- Uses the OEM Muffler/Exhaust but sound amazing!
- Lightweight clutch and flywheel
- Hardwired for Valentine-1 detector including remote unit and mute switch in console.
One of the best things about this car is that the previous owner was obsessive about everything being just so… Wanting it perfect meant that he sought out one of the best-known 993 Guru’s, Tony Callas. The car was dropped off with an open checkbook and the following items were done at 53,158 miles:
- Fluids- Engine oil and filter, transmission fluid, brake fluid, slave cylinder
- Filters- Air, fuel and cabin filters
- Brakes- New Rotors, Pads and Sensors front and rear, Callas brake duct upgrade
- Clutch- New clutch, pressure plate, TO bearing, all new hardware and a lightweight flywheel.
- Transmission Seals- Mainshaft and selector seals.
- Engine Seals- New valve covers, chain tensioner bridges and chain covers.
- Replace faulty cooling fan resistors
- All new belts and factory alternator pulley upgrade
- New temperature sensor in the auxiliary heater
- New engine vacuum distribution port
- New battery and base mat
- New Drive Belt Sensor
- New DME Relay
- Ignition- Both distributor caps and rotors
- Wiring Harness- New OEM Wiring harness
- Suspension- New Bilstein shocks front and rear, new OEM M030 springs, new front control arm bushings, 4-way align and corner balance.
- Misc- New pedal pads, new wiper blades, new front trunk drains, headlight drains, new OBD port cover, new sunroof seal, intake manifold cleaned, and much more!
The total bill for the service totaled $21,778.27! All of the known issues on this model have been addressed, the right upgrades have been made and it is turnkey ready to go!
Current mileage is 58,227 and other recent items include:
58,025- Annual Service including Oil and filter, new battery, one new headlight bulb, new reverse light switch
The tires have just over 1,000 miles on them and are the correct Porsche N-Spec Bridgestone Potenza S-02A.
The car has a clean and clear history from new and comes with a complete service history from 24k miles to current and a fully stamped maintenance book. It has the correct tool kit and jack but the air compressor is a later Porsche 996 style pump. All books are present and two keys.
This is an absolutely stunning car; it has to be seen in person to really be appreciated!