1997 Porsche 993 C4S- Arena Red on Classic Grey, 6-speed, nicely optioned, full history from new, 100% original paint, no modifications, a true top tier 993 Widebody w/ 17,150 miles
1997 Porsche 993 C4S- 100% original and just 17k miles!
In my line of work I am exceedingly blessed, I get the opportunity to interact with some of the finest cars in the world. Even among these many amazing cars, there are still some cars that give me pause… This car gives me pause…
Why? Simple, because I so rarely see a 993 that is truly 100% original in every way, a car that truly makes no excuses. For those who know me understand that I am VERY particular and if I sell a car it truly is an excellent example of the given model. This car even for me is it at the very top of my range, truly world class. If you are looking for a 993 C4S to add to your collection and the word “compromise” is not in your dictionary, this IS your car!
This car was sold new on February 15th 1997 to its original owner at Porsche of San Diego. The original owner traded the car back in to the original selling dealer in 2013 when the car had 16,309 miles. The car has had 3 collector owners since that time who have driven it a scant 840 miles. Do you want to be the next careful owner?
Here is how it is optioned:
Base Price $73,000
- Arena Red Metallic- $1,036
- Classic Grey Leather Interior- $1,544
- CD Player- $315
- Power Seat Package- $1004
- Wheel Caps with Colored Crests- $224
- Porsche Floor Mats-Classic Grey- $110
- Dark Rootwood Steering Wheel- $1,859
- Brake and shifter Wood/Aluminum- $847
- Hi-Fi Sound System- $930
- Supple Leather- $398
Total Original MSRP $82,808
Body and Paint- The car is wearing 100% original paint as verified by paint meter. It has never been damaged in any way and it is almost without flaw. No rock chips, scratches, dings, etc. Ready for the PCA Concours!
Interior- The interior is likewise as new. I really like the contrast of the Classic Grey over the Arena Red, striking! The only notable item is there is some very minor cracking in the wood at the top of the wheel.
Mechanical- The car runs and drives exactly how a 993 should, which is to say spectacular. It is 100% stock and original with no modifications of any kind. Everything works as it should including all the accessories, air-conditioning, cruise control, etc. There are no leaks. Current mileage is 17,149. I have a full service history documenting everything that has ever happened to it.
Being a collector car it is imperative that a car of this caliber has every piece of documentation and is complete. The buyer of this car will receive the following:
- Original Window Sticker
- Service history
- All the books and manuals in the correct case
- Both original keys and switchblade remotes along with a new revised style key and remote
- The complete tool kit, jack, drop cloth and gloves
- The OEM Porsche tire pump
A checklist of a collectible Porsche should include the following attributes:
- Originality- This car is 100% original in every way possible.
- Provenance- This car has a known history from new, a clean Carfax and comes complete with all the included and often missing factory accessories.
- Condition- This car is pristine inside, outside and mechanically, it has no needs.
- Rarity- Porsche produced a grand total of 937 C4S’ in 1997 and a total of 2,327 in total.
- Desirability- The 993 has always been desirable being the final iteration of the iconic air-cooled experience. Of the 993’s however the market lusts for the wide-bodied C4S and C2S models, with their larger than life rear fenders. Couple that with the inclusion of the Turbo Big Red Brakes on the C4S model and you have a car that will always be on the top of the list.
What are you waiting for, if you want the best of the best here it is…