1997 Porsche 993 Carrera-Guards Red over Black leather, 6-speed, 100% original paint and no modifications, full history from new, 65k miles, stunning!
1997 Porsche 993 Coupe- 65k miles
I could regale you with various anecdotes, technical nuances and general musings of the greatness of the 993, the final air-cooled 911, but you are already here looking for one… The challenge therefore is not selling you on A 993 but selling you on THIS 993… So, if you are well educated 993 shopper here are the quick bullet point list as to why this car deserves your close scrutiny…
- 1997 model year (the rarest and final year for the Narrow Body) coupe with a 6-speed manual. Is there any other configuration worthy of consideration other than a manual coupe??
- 99.9% original- the only modification being the addition of a strut tower bar in the front. So many of these cars had a litany of “improvements” thrown at them over the years. Some I agree with, some not so much… The good news about all original is that you can’t argue with it, it simply is the way Porsche made it! Long term the original cars simply hold their value the best!
- Exterior and Interior in remarkable condition, no notable flaws or issues. Ready to drive or take to your local Porsche event or Cars and Coffee. It looks as good in person as it does in these photos after I picked it up from a full spa treatment from the experts at Metropolitan Detail.
- 65,330 miles- low enough to maintain value, but high enough that you aren’t “afraid” to use it! Please drive this one as Ferry intended!!
- 100% original paint as verified by a paint meter.
- Know and verifiable service history- I have a thick folder filled with a full history on this car. A review will show conscientious owners who appreciated what they had!
- History- I have sold this car twice and know the previous owner as well! Clean Carfax and no negative history of any kind.
- Everything works as designed right down to the original radio and air-conditioning!
- The car runs and drives like an excellent 993 should; you simply have to drive enough of them to know that some simply drive better than others. This is one of the good ones…
- Current on all service and I am just installing 4 new Continental Extreme Contact tires this week (not shown in photos) simply due to time on the current tires.
- Car comes complete with: Original VIN matched books/manuals/case, air compressor, tool kit, jack, fitted car cover, battery tender, 2 keys/remotes and a full service history.
So stop thinking about having a 993 to drive, it’s time to pull the trigger!