1998 Porsche 993 C4S, 1 of 299, former President of PCNA’s car, $30k in options alone! 32k miles-INCOMING
1998 Porsche 993 C4S- $30k in options and just 32k miles!
I sold this unbelievably rare 993 several years ago to a very good client of mine in Chicago, I am thrilled to have taken it back on trade for a Turbo. It is slated to arrive in the next 2 weeks. These are the pictures that I took previously, I will update this listing when it arrives, but wanted to give you a preview!
As you are probably familiar 1998 was the end of an era, the final year of air-cooled production. Porsche built just 299 1998 C4S’ and this one has more options that any other normally aspirated 993 I have ever seen.
Here is the story:
This car was ordered new by Fred Schwab, President of Porsche Cars North America as his personal demo. Since he wasn’t paying the ultimate tab for the car he went crazy on the order sheet, ultimately adding just over $30,000 to the bottom line! The car was delivered to the old PCNA headquarters in Reno, NV and shortly thereafter they moved to Atlanta. I am sure that his next car was a “downgrade” to a new 1999 996! It was sold as a “new” executive demo having never been titled at 4,531 miles on July 17th 1998. T
Here is how it is optioned:
Base Price $73,000
• Classic Grey Leather- $1544
• CD Player- $315
• Power Seat Package- $1004
• Digital Sound Package- $2075
• Special Chassis Rigidly Tuned- $672
• Motor Sound- $332
• Rear Window Wiper- $357
• Wheel Caps with Colored Crests- $166
• Lumbar Support Left- $551
• Lumbar Support Right- $551
• Infrared Security System- $216
• Litronic Headlights- $1536
• Remote CD Changer- $813
• Supple Leather $398
• Carbon inside door openers
• Leather trimmed front floor mats
• 5-CD Holder
• Carbon Leather Steering wheel
• Carbon Fiber Package X56 and X57
• Aluminum Leather Shift and brake knob
• Aluminum and Chrome packages X71, X70, X54
• Aerokit Turbo II Front and rear
• Head Restraint with Porsche Crest
Total Original MSRP $103,195!
The car is finished in the very desirable and always popular Jet Black on Classic Gray, timeless! Other than the light patina you might expect of 22k miles it is near perfect.
The interior of the car is almost without flaw of any kind. This is the most gorgeous and well trimmed 993 interiors I have ever seen. The carbon, leather and aluminum dress this car up and really make it something special. It is quite rare to see one optioned this way, as Porsche is VERY proud of their options as reflected in their original cost. Most of these parts are now Unobtainium!
Mechanically the car runs and drives exactly how a 993 should, which is to say spectacular. It is 100% stock and original with no modifications on any kind. Everything works as it should including all the accessories, air-conditioning, cruise control, etc. Current mileage is 22,950 and it was last serviced by Porsche at 22,600 miles. Exactly what you would expect!
Being a collector car it is imperative that a car of this caliber have every piece of documentation and be complete. The buyer of this car will receive the following:
• Original Window Sticker
• Service history
• All the books and manuals in the correct case
• Both keys and remotes
• The complete tool kit, jack, drop cloth and gloves
• The OEM Porsche tire pump
So if you want the best of the best here it is…