2004 Porsche Boxster “S”-Speed Yellow on Black, 6-speed,BOSE, Xenon’s, 18″ wheels,Sport Exhaust, 64k miles, gorgeous!
2004 Porsche Boxster “S” w/ just 64k miles and LN IMS bearing just replaced!
This is the no stories, no excuses Boxster “S” you have been looking for:
Here is how it is equipped:
Speed Yellow Exterior
Black Standard Leather and top
Bose Digital Sound w/windstop- $1,860
Xenon Headlamps- $1,090
Heated Front Seats- $410
18” Carrera Alloys- $1,435
CD Shelf Console- $45
Wheel caps w/ colored crests- $175
Cruise Control- $570
On Board Computer- $280
Black Mats- $95
Roll Bar painted exterior color- $535
Sport Exhaust- $2,100
Total Original MSRP-$61,950
I am a HUGE fan of the 986 Boxster (I personally own a 2004 S550 Boxster) as I think the original design best captures the essence of the original concept. I also think these are aging well and over the long haul I think will be viewed as the ultimate expression of the Boxster. This particular car really speaks to me for a few reasons: It has some GREAT options (factory sport exhaust!!!!), is in a wonderful color combination, has spectacular local history and just had all the preventative maintenance done. I could keep going on and on but I will let the pictures do the talking….
The car is remarkably nice inside and out, your non “car” neighbors will assume it is new. 17 years and 60k miles will show a few minor nits however: a small mark on the edge of the bumper cover where it meets the hood, a few curb marks on the right rear wheel and some minor marks on interior plastics are all that separate it from near perfection. Nice enough to be invited to any show, but not so flawless than a 1,000 miles weekend flog is out of the question!
When the car arrived I did the following items:
- LN IMS bearing replacement and pre-qualification procedure- the original bearing still looked like new!
- Replaced leaking right front radiator
- Full detail inside and out
This car was sold new at Porsche of Bellevue and has been serviced exclusively there. I would be happy to walk thru the service history with any interested buyer. The car just received an annual service and just before that a $6,800 60k miles service plus all new coils, new alternator, new headlight switch, new battery, new water pump, new coolant overflow tank, new top cables. That is literally the list every guidebook will tell you to replace at this mileage! Jump in and drive.
It is complete with all the original books, full service history and window sticker. I do only have one master key (+ one valet).
In case you aren’t familiar, of the 986 Boxsters (1997-2004) the 2003 and 2004 are the ones to own. Porsche made over 2,000 changes to the car between model year 2002 and 2003. They are obviously too myriad to list here but here are a few highlights:
- Redesigned softop with a sleeker profile and most importantly a GLASS WINDOW for the very first time. This is a HUGE improvement.
- Horsepower jumped to 258 for the Boxster S
- The optional 18” wheels (that this car thankfully has) weigh 23.76 lbs LESS than last year’s 18” wheels. That makes unbelievable difference in unsprung weight and handling.
- They added a real glove box, hard to believe they didn’t have one before, but now they do!
- Much improved cup holders; you know how important those are!
This is the Boxster to own, move quick!