2010 Porsche 997.2 Twin-Turbo-6,500 miles!
2010 Porsche 997.2 Turbo-
As a child of the 1980’s I was a subscriber to all the various automotive rags: Car and Driver, Road and Track, Motor Trend and Automobile. I would study car specifications in the same way Chemists would study the periodic table. I committed many to memory and imagined what it would feel like to pilot the various machinery. At that time a car was considered quick if it could go 0-60 in under 8 seconds. I remember reading the road test of the 1984 Carrera in Car and Driver and being mesmerized that it could hit that spec in 5.3 seconds! It also could hit 100 mph in 13.9. WOW! I began to daydream about what it might feel like to do it in less than 5 seconds. I knew the 930 Turbo could do it in 4.6 seconds….
Fast forward to 2010 and I am still reading Car and Driver like a fiend… 2.9 Seconds, that number literally jumps off the page… Are you kidding me? I read further. 0-100 in 6.8 seconds… 11 seconds flat in the quarter at 128 mph! Dear God, my new nickname for this car; “Warp Drive”.
Ok enough nostalgia tinged specification talk; let me tell you about this particular 997 Turbo.
For 2010 Porsche substantially revised the 997 Turbo going to 3.8 liters, direct injection, upping power to 500 hp, introducing the PDK transmission and vastly improving almost everything on the car. The best part is when you specify the Sport Chrono package (this car has it!) you get a 10 second overboost function which ups boost from 11.5 psi to 14.5 psi. This thing simply gobbles up holes in traffic…
The car was sold new at Porsche of Colorado Springs on January 31st 2010. Its original owner obsessed over the car and traded it in on a new 991 Turbo in 2014 when it had just 3,200 miles. My client purchased the car as a Certified Pre-Owned car from Porsche of Bellevue and has added 3,200 additional miles. It was an early fully optioned “Launch Edition car”, here is how it was optioned:
- 911 Turbo- $132,800
- Ruby Red Metallic
- Black/Sand Beige Interior- $430
- Adaptive Sport Seats- $1,145
- Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)- $1,320
- PDK Transmission- $4,550
- Heated Front Seats- $510
- Rear Window Wiper- $360
- Ceramic Brakes (PCCB)- $8,840
- Dynamic Cornering Lights- $690
- Bluetooth Phone Interface- $695
- Sport Chrono Package Turbo- $3,830
- XM Radio- $750
- Floor Mats- $150
- Sport Wheel w/ Shift Paddles- $490
- Universal Audio Interface- $440
- Side Skirts Exterior Color- $750
- Sport Seat backs painted- $1,580
- Porsche Crest in Headrest- $285
- Door Entry Guards Stainless Illuminated- $845
Original MSRP- $161,410!
I told you the both owners of this car are particular, here is the service history all completed at the Porsche dealer:
- 1,111 Miles- Annual Service
- 2,008 Miles- Annual Service
- 2,646 Miles- Annual Service and brake fluid flush
- 3,249 Miles- Annual Service
- 5,739 Miles- Annual Service
- 6,424 Miles- Annual service
- 6,441 Miles- 4 new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (due to age), new battery
The exterior of the car is almost without flaw. The car has 100% original paint as verified by a paint meter. It also has a Full frontal XPEL clear film package including full hood, fenders, front bumper, A-Pillars, Above windshield and door edges. It has done its job and the car is free of any road wear or blemishes. The wheels are like new. The only flaw worth noting is the front lip shows some typical wear from low driveways, luckily Porsche prices these cheap as they now within days a new one looks used!
The interior is likewise as new. No kids, no pets, no smoking, etc. There isn’t a mark to be found anywhere.
The car comes complete with all the following:
- Original window sticker
- Full service history from new to current
- All the original books and manuals
- Original sales brochure, new owner welcome kit
- 2 original keys
- Tool kit
- OEM Touch up paint
- OEM Black winter mats
- Clean Carfax
This car hits all the high notes: heavily optioned, perfect history, current on all service, missing no accessories, all original paint, 4 new tires and just 6,500 original miles! You too can have “Warp Drive” at just a tap of your right toe for $60,000 less than new, what are you waiting for?