2012.5 Porsche 991 Carrera S Cabriolet, Platinum Silver over Carrera Red, $136k MSRP, Loaded and just 9,440 miles!-$79,995
2012 Porsche 991 Carrera “S” Cabriolet- 9,440 miles!
“Launch Model”… Have you ever wondered what that meant when you see it listed on a window sticker for a Porsche? It means that it was specially ordered by PCNA to represent the best of the new model. It means they are typically fully loaded with all the rare and esoteric options and feature daring and rare color and option combinations, as they want customers to use them as a springboard to order their new Porsche. I wish I got to be part of that marketing meeting…
Why do I tell you that? Because this 991 Carrera S Cabriolet was one of the West Coast launch cars that helped fuel Porsche fanatics fantasy about the then new 991. It’s simply a gorgeous and unique car, the color combination is rare and VERY striking. Who wants plain silver over black? Here is how it was ordered:
- Platinum Silver Metallic Exterior- $710
- Carrera Red full leather- $5,200
- Burmeister Audio (INCREDIBLE!)- $5,010
- Premium Package- 14 way power seats, Auto AC, Auto dimming mirrors, heated seats, ventilated seats, Dynamic Light System, Porsche Entry and drive, Light design package, Sirius XM and HD Radio, 6-CD Changer- $4,650
- Sport Exhaust (a MUST have!)- $2,950
- PDK- $4,080
- Heated Steering Wheel- $270
- 20” Carrera Classic Wheels- $1,170
- Park Assist- $380
- Sport Chrono Package Plus- $2,370
- Power Steering plus- $270
- Multifunction Steering Wheel- $615
Total MSRP- $136,625 or $30,625 in options alone!
This combination has some true must haves! My favorites:
- Carrera Red Full leather- every inch on this interior is swathed in soft natural leather in a red so rich you want to reach out and touch it. Couple that with the Rhodium Silver exterior and the car simply “POPS”. The previous 997 standard silver was Arctic Silver, a cold gray-based silver. Rhodium Silver is a warm, brown-based silver that really works with the Red, you must see it in person!
- Sport Exhaust- A flat six always makes great music. With Sport exhaust drop the top and put it in Sport plus mode. It makes otherworldly noises; you will wrap it to redline for the shear joy of listening to it. Wait until you decelerate and it pops and burbles and then the blip of the downshift…
- Burmeister Audio- It seems LUDICRIOUS to spend $5,010 on the upgraded audio when the lesser BOSE audio system sounds quite good. Then you turn it on… It has a level of clarity on vocals followed by the kick of the bass drum that will create an inner turmoil, sport exhaust or your favorite Metallica tune… Thankfully the original owner paid the freight for this option but you get to enjoy it, don’t buy one without it!
This car has clearly been loved, never abused and has great, local PCA member ownership. Here is the service history:
- 1,526 miles- break in oil change
- 5,227 miles- annual service inspection and oil change
- 6,535 miles- 20k mile service
- 7,206 miles- annual service inspection and oil change
- Prior to delivery I will have another annual service performed as it is coming due for time but not miles.
Current mileage is just 9,440 miles. It has had 3M clear film over all the frontal wear surfaces since new, so no rock chips! The interior is likewise pristine. I don’t know what more other that to say, I love this car…