2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum Edition-Meteor Grey on Platinum, Pano Roof, Park &Lane Change Assist, tow package, 14-way seats, $76k MSRP, gorgeous inside and out!
As a car nut we often daydream about what the perfect 10-car garage collection would look like…. Do we ever dream about what the perfect 1-car collection would look like? I sometimes do and for the record, if I could truly only have one car and it had to do everything I need to do in my life, it WOULD be a Cayenne Diesel. Crazy you say? Well, here are what an only car would have to do:
- First and foremost it would have to be fun to drive and the tactile inputs would have to satisfy the driver in me.
- It would have to be capable in all weather sun, rain or shine.
- I would have to be able to haul my wife and kids.
- It would have to have the cargo capacity to carry car parts, spare wheels and tires.
- It would have to be rugged enough to take me to my favorite ski hill, trailhead or off the grid camping spot.
- It would have to have enough cache that I could take a client to dinner or take my wife out for date night.
- It would have to be able to pull my 6,000lb car trailer.
- It would have to be nice enough to satisfy my OCD yet not so precious that I couldn’t use it for the above tasks.
- It would have to be reliable and efficient.
Name one other car that could do all of these things? Hence there is a reason that this Cayenne is our former family car. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing, so much so that when I wanted to get my wife a new car, what did I get her? Just a newer Cayenne Diesel…. I could literally go on for DAYS about how much I love this thing, oddly enough I don’t actually feel the same way about other Cayenne’s, the only version that truly captures me is the Diesel. Somehow the combination of effortless torque and the efficiency just “fits” the Cayenne. You will have to drive it to understand.
This particular Cayenne is fairly well optioned; here is how it is equipped:
- Meteor Grey Metallic Exterior
- Platinum Grey Leather
- Platinum Edition
- Premium Package: Heated 14-way seats, BOSE Audio, Porsche Crests in the headrests, etc.
- Trailer Hitch
- Multifunction Steering Wheel
- Panoramic Roof
- Roof Rails
- Park Assist Front and Rear w/ rear camera
- Lane Change Assist
- Anthracite Birch interior trim
- High Gloss Exterior Package
- Sport Chrono
- Sirius XM and HD Radio
Total Original MSRP- $76,840
This Cayenne has been driven, having just over 127k miles but one would barely know it either by driving it or looking at it. I have to give my better half some credit here, it is pretty immaculate inside and out; other that some minor rock chips and a few signs of the miles. I don’t think you would find a cleaner one anywhere.
Mechanically this thing is ready for a cross-country adventure, we have had zero issues with it and it needs nothing that I know of. It is current on all service, the tires are almost new and all it needs is a new driver. One of the best things about these is the fuel mileage, it is utterly ridiculous; for fun I posted a photo of a very typical drive I recently took to Eastern Washington, this will get a true hand calculated 35-37 mpg on the road and 27-30 mpg around town!
This Cayenne comes with a complete service history, all the original books and manuals, both original keys and two sets of OEM Mats (Black and Platinum). Please buy it as I am actually having issues letting it go, I picked up my wife’s new one ~ 10 weeks ago and I just couldn’t bring myself to part ways with it. I assume it will be like pulling a Band-Aid off, better to just do it quickly. Come experience the magic!