2015 Porsche Boxster GTS-Rhodium Silver on Full Black leather, PDK, GTS interior, Infotainment and Conv packages, sport exhaust, 25k miles, brilliant!
People always ask me what my “favorite” Porsche is, that is an incredibly hard question to answer as I both love the brand and love the diversity of offerings over the years. Upon reflection I don’t know that I could name just one car, but I can name some attributes which endear a certain model or configuration over another. They are:
- Normally aspirated motor that is powerful enough to be entertaining but not overwhelmingly so.
- Exhaust note which encourages regular and enthusiastic runs to redline.
- Steering feel that is quick and precise but not overly weighty, filtered or requires constant adjustment.
- Fairly small form factor, I want to feel that I am not quite wearing the car but it is more of a well fitted t-shirt as opposed to a winter coat. I want to feel as if I could reach out and touch the corners from behind the wheel.
- Suspension tuning that is bred for real world driving conditions. Our streets are not a racetrack nor are they 80mph Florida Interstate, so I want some ride compliance and just enough body movement upon weight transfer so I can feel what the car is doing. Too stiff is just as bad as too loose in my book. Getting this delicate balance just right….
- Real world functionality: comfortable and supportive seats, steering wheel with just the right heft to the rim, well thought out ergonomics, stowage for a long weekend couples trip, no incessant tire roar or exhaust drone at cruising speed and my must have, heated seats….
So why do I tell you all that on this Boxster GTS listing? You might guess, but the 981 Boxster is one of my favorite late model Porsche’s. Now Porsche made 4 different 981 Boxster’s and oddly enough I would be THRILLED to own any one of them for various reasons BUT the sweet spot IS the GTS model. Why do I say that:
- 3.4 liter 330hp flat six with the factory sport exhaust has CHARACTER! It LOVES to rev and it just brings a silly amount of joy doing it! Now 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and 12.6 in the 1/4 mile is nothing to sneeze at, but its not the speed so much that thrills but just how that total package makes you FEEL. Sublime!
- Aesthetics: I prefer to fly a little more under the radar, which means many of the modern Porsche GT cars have just a little too much “cowbell”…. Fender vents, carbon hoods, enormous rear wings, et al is just a little much for me. On the GTS Porsche practiced the art of subtlety. Slightly revised front and rear fascias, black finished front lights, some subtlety applied black trim and near perfect wheel fitment just looks SO right. More of a passionate whisper than a screamed threat, it speaks to me and says I am a sophisticated companion.
- Handling: again the Porsche GT cars are AMAZING machines are for absolute performance tasks they are hands down the best tool. Real world however means they are often challenging to live with given our less than stellar roads and miles of interstates. This particular car utilizes the factory X73 suspension package which has some of the best tuning I have ever run across on a Porsche (honestly my favorite of all time is the 987.2 Boxster Spyder), it manages that tough balance of insane capability (1.05g on the skidpad) yet 600 mile days feel like a breeze. I could go on and on….
Ok, enough about the merits about the GTS model, here are the details on this specific car…. The car was sold new at Roger Jobs Porsche in Bellingham, WA and it has had 3 local PCA owners since. The car has a great build, here are the details:
- Rhodium Silver Metallic- $710
- GTS Interior Package (a MUST have on these!)- deviated silver stitching, carbon fibre interior trim- $3,680
- 7-speed PDK- $$3,960
- 20″ wheels painted in Black Satin-$880
- Fire Extinguisher- $140
- Rear safety bars in exterior color- $635
- Park Assist Rear- $530
- Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS)-$520
- Auto dimming mirror and rain sensing wipers- $690
- Convenience Package-$900
- Infotainment Package with BOSE Audio- $3,990
- X73 Sport Suspension(Glorious!)- N/C
Original MSRP- $91,450
Now, you all know I am particular, so here are the key highlights:
- 25,210 miles, current on all service and needs nothing. Most recent service was done 10/24/22 just 600 miles ago. The “big” service including spark plugs, all fluids and filters was done at 19,363 miles and 4 new Michelin Pilot 4S were installed at 22,155 miles. Our inspection revealed just one minor issue, a fault in one of the active engine mounts which was just replaced with a new OEM part less than 100 miles ago. Jump in and enjoy!
- Just fully detailed inside and out from our friends at Metropolitan Detail. Other than a few minor marks on the front bumper it shows almost zero wear inside or out. No weird wear, smells or anything to note. It is clear it has been well loved by its PCA member owners!
- Clean title, clean Carfax and 100% original paint! No stories or excuses!
- It comes complete with the original window sticker, all books/manuals, 2 original keys and recent service history.
Don’t just stare at the photos, you want to be behind the wheel of this one, it’s good….
please excuse the condensation on the lights in the photos, I had just picked it up from detail and it was 20 degrees outside, but we just don’t get many clear days in February here in Seattle, so I took my opportunity….